We have been talking with each other over the past few months about purchasing a tractor and the pros and cons of doing so. Here are some of our thoughts:
- We are not getting any younger.
- Cutting, stacking, gathering and loading fire wood every year is not going away.
- The body cannot do what it used to.
- Going into debt again. Do we want to do this?
- Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards
- There are so many exciting projects we want to do, Barn/Shop being one.
- Work smarter not harder.
- Let’s take our property to the next level!
We decided to take a serious look at the tractors that are sold locally. We scheduled a “kid-sitter” for our son and took a little trip around our area and visited two different dealers that had the type of tractor Mark was looking for.
We looked at three different tractors: the Yanmar, Kioti, and TYM. They are all very similar and pretty close in price. We now have to take a look at the pros and cons of making a purchase that will put us back into debt, which we have not had in almost 8 years, but one that will help us out on our homestead immensely.
Join us in our discussion. We would love hearing from you. What do you like about Tractors?